Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Thursday, November 17, 2005

A nice day

Yesterday I went to visit my aunt for a bit. When I walked in she was sitting in her wheelchair, her nurse had put on a bit of makeup to give her some color & dressed her in pretty pink pj's. I hugged her & commented on how nice she looked, and she said, "Just wait until Lola sees me!" I asked Aunty if she'd like us to take a picture together & she nodded, 'yes'. So, I had her nurse take our picture.
Then I mentioned that I had a surprise for her. I took out the apron I've worked so hard on. (I still have to do the hem & re-do the pocket) Her eyes look downward as it's difficult for her to open them, I think that's because of the medicine. She said it's very hard when you can't see very good. A few minutes later she asked for the apron again & held it in her hands, feeling every seam & pleat. (yes, I even did pleats!) She said she loved it, loved the color & pattern & that it was beautiful. I told her I never could have done it without her & that was no exaggeration.
She talks very, very slowly & when I ask her a question sometimes it takes her a few minutes to respond, but I just wait as I know she will respond. The slowness is also due to the medicine, her brain is as sharp as a tack! I'm amazed at Aunty's attitude towards everything. The only time she will complain is if you ask her if she's in pain, then she'll tell you where she hurts. Otherwise, you'd never know it.

Soon afterwards, my mom came in. Aunty knew it was her immediately as she loves the perfume Mom wears. As always, my mom also looked radiant. I asked if they wanted their picture taken & of course, they both said 'yes'. So I was ready to take the picture and said, "Smile" and as hard as I know it was for Aunty, she did smile. There they were, two sisters sitting together, my mom with her arm around my aunt. There's such a special bond between sisters.
Mom asked to see my apron & I showed it to her. She was in shock. You must know, my mom has always hot glue-gunned things together. So the fact that one of her offspring actually used a sewing machine successfully floored her! Shortly afterwards, I left.
Earlier in the morning, Lola had called me. She said sometimes we just need a break & she decided that both she & I needed one now. So her plan was for us to go to a movie after my visit with Aunty. I was somewhat reluctant, the last time I'd been to a movie was to see "Blow" with Johnny Depp. (5 years ago?) I decided to go for it as I wanted to spend time with Lola too. We watched, "Dreamer" with Dakota Fanning & Kurt Russell. What a great 'Go for it" movie. I was glad Lola & I had spent some time together.
The night before I'd made those delicious pork chops. I made extras for my mom, Lola and for her hubby. I really should have done this before, but honestly hadn't thought about it. Fortunately for me, I was able to convince Tarzan to get us fast-food for dinner. For some reason, I enjoy food made by anyone else but me, a little better than my own. Maybe it's because there's no work involved.
All in all, it was a very nice day.

posted by jane at 2:38 PM