Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Friday, November 04, 2005

An Act of Kindness

Last week I was blog surfing & came across Creating Peace, it caught my eye & I read the sub-heading: "What does it take to create more peace and compassion? How can we change the world?" What aspiration to write a blog on this & focus on this one, extremely important, topic.
It's writer, Bonnie, had read in another blog, "A Year In Success" & was interested in the principles he mentioned.
Quote: "He is working on doing something to make at least one person's life a little easier or better every single day for the next year."
Bonnie goes on to write about how we can influence those around us if we live by compassion, then our influence is compassion. She concludes by saying: "I hope that I can continue to work from a greater place of compassion and loving kindness and hope that such an example can inspire a few others to do the same."

Isn't that a fantastic goal? I've been thinking about this for days, about how I can show kindness to those around me. Those around me just happen to be bloggers. So after giving much thought I've decided that I'd like to try doing an act of kindness. My intention in doing this is simple: To make others smile.
Here is my proposition:
I'd like to offer my time to search for blogs that share similar interests with you. With the blog's url, you can visit them & perhaps they'll visit you, hopefully creating regular readers for both of you.
OR if you prefer, I'll find you a webring with your interests.

Here is what I need from you:
1. In the comments sections, enter the name & url of your blog.
2. General interests: boats, camping, California, etc.; any 3 or 4 things that interest you.
3. Provide contact information: on your blog or via email.

How many blogs I can find for each person will depend on how many requests there are. I'll only take requests through Sunday night, but my blogs search for you has no deadline. But please specify clearly if you'd prefer I find you a webring. It's one or the other.
Sometimes I may not be able to find anything in your categories & if so, you can submit some more topics.

Please remember, I'm human & I'll make errors...so if I find a blog that doesn't end up being in your category, I apologize in advance. But I will try my best. Hopefully I will do this another time too.

Ask away because Jane's at your service....


Technorati tags: , , , , ,

posted by jane at 3:22 AM