Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Sunday Surprises

Today Tarzan, myself & Cavegirl went to visit my aunt. On our way there, Tarzan stopped to get gas. Cavegirl was sitting in the back seat of the truck & starting saying, "No, No. Please tell me that's a rubberband". I knew something was desperately wrong. I turned around and she was literally speechless. Then she said, "There's a snake!"
This didn't sound out of the question as Tarzan had taken a bag out of his closet & put it in the back seat. A few months ago he found a baby snake in our bedroom, actually on MY side of the bed. (I shudder to relive that moment) Caveboy used to have pet snakes, some he caught in the wild. On 2 occasions they got out of their cage, of course, both incidents happened when he was sleeping over at a friends house. So when Cavegirl said, "Snake", I knew she meant SNAKE!
I saw the snake on the floor of the truck, it's body was under a towel & it's head facing Cavegirl. My door flew open & I opened hers, we both jumped about 10 feet away from the truck and as soon as I saw Tarzan I yelled, "Hurry, there's a snake in the truck." Tarzan came running out, by this time the couple in front of us were watching too. I pointed to where the snake was & Tarzan saw it, he reached in & once he went to grab it I remembered a fake snake he'd bought a month or so ago. It's made of wood, but very shiny & is made in about 20 sections so it bends exactly like a snake. Then I said, "That had better not be that damn fake snake." It was! He picked it up & put it in my face, laughing like a junior high boy. I, of course, screamed. The man in front of us started laughing & the lady with him said, "I'd kill him for that." I was thinking about it...

We only visited for a short time as Aunty tires easily. My aunt is getting her meals delivered to her room & when I asked if she ate much breakfast she said she ate the oatmeal & would've eaten the eggs but... Then she pointed for me to look under the silver dome covering her plate (I was imagining something a la 'Whatever Happened to BabyJane' about now) I lifted the lid & there were no eggs, just 2 pieces of toast & sausage. She then said, "Read what I wrote to them."
Every meal my aunt writes a note on the paper placemat on top of the tray. The kitchen staff usually writes 'Good Morning' or something similar to that. So, I read the note my aunt wrote aloud:

"Thank you for the breakfast. The O.J. was good and so was the oatmeal. But where are my eggs? I think my eggs scrambled away. I would have like to eaten them. You goofed on this one. But I still love all of you."

We all laughed including Aunty & she said, "Well, I don't want to be too harsh. Afterall, they do cook my food." Aunty may be physically tired, but mentally she's still a pistol!

posted by jane at 3:46 PM