Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Monday, January 23, 2006

When Good Things Happen

I consider myself a lifetime subscriber to Murphy's Law. You know, the one that says "If something can go wrong, it will." I like to say I see the glass as half full; but I don't. So it is with complete surprise that I must admit, GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPENING IN MY LIFE!

Over a week ago, I was randomly selected to be part of a panel to review blogs that received the most nominations for 1 of the blog awards. In each of the categories, I submitted my favorite 5, as did over a hundred other people. I was really jazzed & took the task seriously. I was pretty sure my selections won't be in the mainstream, but I think that's 1 of the benefits of having so many people review them. Okay, so that was good thing #1.

Then I was notified by The Blog Tribune they were going to feature a write up on my blog, focusing on the bipolar aspect. Of course, this totally floored me! So, I answered a few of their questions & was paranoid that they might be taken out of context. I couldn't have been more mistaken! They actually took what I meant to say & clarified it beautifully. The Blog Tribune is a newer blog, so I hope you'll all pay them a visit. #2 on my good thing list.

As if this wasn't enough! I have found the most wonderful blog as a result of Carol leaving a comment that she wanted to link my blog on her Carnival of Compassion post. Along with my blog, Carol has linked about 4 other bipolar blogs. Carnival of Compassion explains, "The Carnival of Compassion brings patients in the blogosphere closer together. The Carnival of Compassion addresses issue pertaining to life, death, healing and disease. Each week a blog is selected to host the Carnival of Compassion. The hosting blogger links to different weblogs written by patients detailing their experiences with their illness or weblogs that discuss medical advances that directly affect patient care. The hosting blogger can choose to link to 2 to 3 blogs for any of the following categories." From what I've can tell, others can also sign up to host this wonderful blog event.
One more thing I want to add about Carol though: On Fridays she hosts "Friendly Fridays" with her Friends of the Friendless Marching Band. She finds blogs that don't have visitors & posts them on Fridays. As a result, the band visits them. Isn't that brilliant? I've never been in a band before, but I'm thinking of joining this one! Are you keeping track? Good thing #3.

As you can imagine, my cheeks hurt from smiling so much, but it didn't end! At the end of last week I received an email from Eph2810 informing me that I'd won a drawing for a book! The book is titled For Women Only & I can't wait until I get it so I can read it. Thanks Eph2810! For the count, that's good thing #4.

My friend, Hell on Heels, has started a much needed webring for those who are suffering from depression. The webring is called Chronic Blues and if you or a loved one suffer from depression & you'd like more info, just click here. Where were we? Oh yeah! That was good thing #5!

For now, I've abandoned my membership in the Murphy's Law crew. I'm not expecting something bad to happen. As a matter of fact, I'm actually enjoying this & basking in the possibility that just as I believe everything happens for a reason; maybe that includes good things too!

Technorati tags: , , , , ,

posted by jane at 2:10 PM