Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Saturday, July 16, 2005

R A P E

Something has been weighing heavy on my mind all day & I have to put it out there. I'm not sure what to think & I'd like as many comments as possible on this post. Regardless of your opinion on this, I'd like to hear it.

Last night at 12:30a.m., my daughter, Cavegirl, called & said a coworker was at her house. The coworker, "Jill", was claiming that she had been raped last Sunday, July 10th by yet another coworker, "Mike". I could tell Cavegirl was upset so I asked if she wanted me to go over & she said she did.
I drove the 15 miles to her house & when I got there Jill immediately showed me some bruises on her arms. I didn't ask for details as I didn't feel it was my place. But I did say I thought she should make a police report, talk to a rape crisis center & get tested; she agreed.
I called the police for her & as we waited more information was revealed. Jill mentioned that she'd held Mike back when he was going to get in a fight with someone. Mike was plastered, that's a known fact. When Caveboy came home he asked her what had happened & the explanation she gave just didn't jive. It was 2 sentences but I don't want to repeat what she said. It was very cold, calculated and physically didn't make any sense whatsoever. Something was void.

By 2:30a.m. the police still hadn't come & everything was under control. I said my goodbyes & headed home.

A few more facts:
The morning after the alleged incident, Jill called Cavegirl for Mike's phone number. She said she wanted to call to make sure he was okay.

All night long Jill kept saying she just wanted Mike fired from work.

Jill is married. Some of her husband's friends saw her at a nightspot with Mike the night of the 10th. When her hubby found out, he kicked Jill out. That was last night, the night she finally chose to tell someone.

Today Mike was called into the office & suspended for 1 week from work for this incident. Word is he'll be fired next week.

I'm very uneasy about all this. More women I know, than not, have been raped or molested. But I also know some women make false accusations. Maybe it's evident, but I'm not really believing her story. Just as I'm concerned for a victim, I'm also concerned about someone being falsely accused.

Am I wrong for doubting her? Thoughts, please.

posted by jane at 9:49 PM