Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Monday, July 11, 2005

Bushi's RoveGate

I had a lightbulb moment while reading FurtherIronies yesterday. In JC's blog she explains that it's important she remain anonymous so that she can vent without worrying about what people she knows will think about her. I wholeheartedly agree with her. I've intentionally shied away from political posts (as much as I can) but something has me so angry, while I don't want to offend anybody, I've got to write about it. Bushi's have exploited the words: Jesus, freedom, democracy & American and I strongly resent that!

This is NOT directed at the military, their parents, spouses, grandparents, friends or acquaintances. The only group this is meant for is the Bushi's. (Bushi's is my name for the collective bunch of Bush, his family, Administration, and supporters). While I welcome any comments to this entry, I won't hesitate to delete inappropriate remarks.

For weeks now we've heard the 'leak'in the CIA/Plame case was Karl Rove aka Bush's Brain. This wasn't the 1st time he's done the dirty work, in 1992, Rove was fired from the Bush Gubernatorial Campaign for planting a disparaging story about a Bushi with Bob Novak.
During the 2000 election, Bushi's dubbed the Decorated Vietnam Veteran, John McCain "The Fag Candidate". Bushi's also started a rumor in South Carolina that John Mc Cain fathered an illegitimate child. It's speculated these lies cost McCain the South Carolina primary.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has been waiting to see how RoveGate would be white-washed by Bushi's. I caught my first glimpse last week on The Situation with Tucker Carlson when he said it didn't matter. Actually, Tucker said he likes leakers! By Carlson's reaction, spilled milk seems more newsworthy than the fact that Rove broke 2 federal laws: 1) Lying to the grand jury. 2) Identifying a covert CIA agent. Of course, this was in retaliation for Valerie Plame's husband, Joseph Wilson, reporting the FACTS regarding Iraq & WMD. He knew then what we all know now, the world was being lied to.

It wasn't, of course, Bush who did these unethical acts or called people these horrendous names. There seems to be striking similarities between Bush & a defense attorney....dont ask for the entire truth & you won't know the entire truth. I remember being taught, as a child, "Birds of a feather flock together," and "Show me who your friends are and I'll tell you who you are." No words truer said.

What has me so pissed off is this: Bushi's say they support him because of his 'moral' fortitude. What gives Americans the right to be the moral police of the world? I suggest we'd best stop living by the "Do as we say, not as we do" double standard that we're setting. Here are a few examples:

1) How can the unborn life be of such high value, yet a vibrant Iraqi's life is of none?

2) Where does it say in the bible that God loves The United States or Christians more than others countries or religions?

3) Where does it say it's okay to lie about a reason to go to war, and then justify killing over 150,000? (or just not keep statistics so you can say nobody knows).

3a) Okay let's keep that one simple, where in the bible does it condone LYING?

4) Let's be real. How do you spread freedom with daisy cutters?

5) Where does it say you're supposed to pledge your loyalty to a country's leader when his actions contradict the bible?

Sure, there were wars in biblical days. But when Jesus came (afterall, that's who CHRISTIANS follow) he talked about 'turning the other cheek', 'he who is without sin cast the first stone', 'love thy neighbor as thyself', 'though you have all the gifts but don't have love, you are like a clanging symbol.' Jesus lived & taught love & harmony, not hatred & war. I fail to see any love, ethics, morals or compassion in any of the above-mentioned examples.

Simply said, President Bush is a liar. He is an evil doer. He is not Christ-like. I hope President Bush is held accountable by HIS God, according to the standards by which HE judges others.

peace to all who seek it

posted by jane at 2:01 PM