Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Vacation Day 2...And We All Fall Down

Our 2nd day of camping was somewhat eventful in that we both had mishaps. Tarzan has had 1 before, he fell off a log & into a stream while fishing. He's an avid fisherman and will literally go to ANY ends (with a fishing pole) to catch a fish! I, on the other hand, only have to put one foot in front of the other and chaos seems to find me.

Tarzan's fall:
I was fishing at Lee Vining and I hooked this 16 inch Alper's Trout, as in the World Renowned Private Trout Farm. After fighting with the fish a few minutes, I had to decide if I was going in the water & use my net or drag the fish on shore.
So I made the fatal decision to drag the fish on shore & as I dragged said fish, it flopped into a shallow inlet.
Before the fish could escape I jumped into the stream with the intention of scooping it into the bank. BUT.....
My feet slipped from beneath me, sending me face down, spread eagle in the stream, literally up to my eyebrows and all but my hat were soaked. I jumped out of the water like a fish out of a frying pan. (the fish got away)

PS...This is Jane..(when I asked him about why he left out the part about the bubbles coming from out of his hat & sunglasses he said it was because HE LIED TO ME & MADE THAT PART UP!)

Jane's fall:

When we go camping, we have a 2 Ft metal fence enclosure for Cheeta. It's firmly set into the ground with pegs & has a gate opening but we always just step over it. Well, as I was stepping over it 1 of my sandals got caught somehow & there was nothing to grab onto. Tarzan was by the picnic table about 15 feet away & I could see his eyes widening as I could feel myself falling backwards. I had 1 foot on top of the fence & 1 foot outside of it, my arms were flapping like a bird trying to DO SOMETHING! Suddenly, out of nowhere, Tarzan swooped down from a vine and....wait , rewind

First, my back !CRASH! then my head !BANG! my legs flying in the air & my arms still flapping senselessly!

Tarzan finally walks over: "Are you okay?"

As I rolled over on my side, I started laughing & so did Tarzan. We both have some nasty bruises but we also came away with great laughs!


Technorati Tags:

posted by jane at 10:25 PM