Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Sunday, November 27, 2005

This 'n That

Puggles, c'mere Puggles! Puggles actually isn't a dog's name. Well, I'm sure there are some dogs named Puggles. But puggles are one of the top dogs of a new breed. Instructions: Take one pug and mix it with a beagle and wala! You get a puggle! I finally found a site with a picture of one and they're cuuute! Don't believe me? I'm thinking you do. Still, check this out.

Good news! Matt Jacoby had his car up on blocks as he was working on it. The car rolled off the blocks & Matt was pinned underneath. Nobody was around but his daughter, 7 year old Shelby. Of course, Shelby couldn't lift the car up. But what she could do is sit on jack & pump it with her legs. She could and she did & she also saved her dad's life. Way to go Shelby! For the entire story (there's really not much more) go here.

This one's a doozie. 2 Internet dating sites are being sued for deceptive practices. The suits are against Match.com & Yahoo Inc. for allegedly using "date bait" to keep customers signed up. If you want all the dirt on this one, and who doesn't? Click this.

Got morals? Or perhaps you don't, but would like some. If you want a good site that gives advice on ethics, but isn't religious, then the Josephson Institute of Ethics may be right up your alley. I've heard this guy on the radio for years & his stories/examples are always practical. Their motto is: character counts. I concur.

Did you know that one of the reasons the Pilgrims stopped at Plymouth was because they were out of booze? Weren't these the ultra-conservatives who were fleeing ungodliness? In an article written by Jim Robison: One of them wrote in his journal of Dec. 19, 1620: "We could not take time for further search or consideration; our victuals [food supply] being much spent, especially our beere."

"Mary is my homegirl" This is in reference to the Virgin Mary & a new teen fad that's got girls wearing Mary t-shirts & bracelets. While I am not Catholic, or any religion, I just don't find this cool at all.

Can't he say, "I LIED"? New Mexico's governor Bill Richardson has long said he was drafted in 1966 by the Kansas City A's. Upon a discovery by the Albuquerque Journal, that this is in fact untrue, Richardson has admitted it was a falsehood. As with any politician however, he's pulled the "but they told me so" card & the "I don't recall" card out of his imaginary hat. Does he really think the American public believes him? Why can't politicians say, "I LIED"? I think I'll vote for the first one who does!

The Vatican has now banned most gays from priesthood. Oddly enough, they still haven't banned pedophiles. Will they ever get it?

Technorati tags: , ,, , , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by jane at 9:06 PM