Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Saturday, December 10, 2005

College Football Bowls...Wanna Bet?

There are few things in life that I enjoy as much as college football. Especially USC football! They are without a doubt, in a league of their own. While I won't go so far as to say they could beat some pro teams, others have said exactly that!
We've got a bet, oh yes we do. Who, you ask? Why, myself & Hornboy aka Craig aka CT aka ACTION!!!! Hornboy has his panties all in a bunch 'cuz he things his Texas team with the female-reproduction-diagram-logo is going to beat my very, manly (go ahead Craig, make fun of them because there name is a condom). This is a football game after all, not a knitting contest. Which would you rather be known for? The fallopian tubes or the condom?
The bet is this: I pick USC (the manly men). Hornboy foolishly picks Texas (think uterus & you won't forget them). If USC wins, which they will, Hornboy gets the honor of helping me copy & paste the USC logo to his blog, where it will remain for 4 weeks. He will also make a sticky post that I will write, praising USC and spanking The Uteri (yes, I made up that word) for even showing up in California. Then, perhaps he'll retract the taunts on his blog, telling people to come here & harrass me (poor me) and every snide, egotistical & delusional statement he's made about above-mentioned teams. (Maybe this should be added to the bet)
Now that we've got this squared away, this is where you come in. I'm going to list bowl games below & the team I pick. (Don't worry, I've got my favorites by colors, you know, girly things, so I'm not consulting Guido on these) If you want to bet for the opposing team, we're on! Only 1 bet per game. So, c'mon....put your blog where your mouth is! It's all just in good fun.

Winner gets to pick which choice they want:
Bet A
Loser promotes Winner's team on Loser's blog
and Loser promotes Winner's blog on Loser's blog
and loser demotes losing team on Loser's blog
The above 3 criteria will be in 1 post, not 3.
Post to be on blog within 24 hours of game's end.
Post must remain up for 1 day & must be approved by winner
OR
Bet B
Winner posts article on loser's blog for 1 day

Seem complicated? It's not. It's just concise to avoid any haggling after the game. If you want to bet, post it in comments. All communication will be done in comments on this post.

Games:

Las Vegas Bowl Dec.22, 2005
Cal vs. BYU (I pick Cal)

Holiday Bowl Dec. 29
Oregon vs. Oklahoma (I pick Oregon)

Sun Bowl Dec. 30
UCLA vs. Northwestern (I pick UCLA)

Peach Bowl Dec. 30
Miami vs. LSU (I pick LSU)

Liberty Bowl Dec. 31
Tulsa vs. Fresno State (I pick Fresno State)

Fiesta Bowl Jan. 2
Notre Dame vs. Ohio State (I pick Notre Dame)

Cotton Bowl Jan. 2
Texas Tech vs. Alabama (I pick 'bama for Jil's brother!)

Orange Bowl Jan. 3
Florida State vs. Penn State (I pick Penn State)

Rose Bowl Jan. 4 ~ This bet is taken by Hornboy
USC (men) vs. Texas (boys) (I pick USC)

Click here for college football bowls information.
Here's another source for bowl games.

A big Huge thank-you to Natalie who helped me. She's also written an excellent post about the Bowl games & her blog is absolutely worth visiting. Thanks again, Natalie! :)

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , ,, , , , ,

posted by jane at 2:12 AM