Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Monday, January 02, 2006

Bloggo Chicago

I've got a new tenant & I think she's a genius. (A real genius) Her name is Barb & her blog is Bloggo Chicago. If you like Star Wars, omgosh, THIS is the blog for you! I'm not a Trekkie, but I've heard about 'em. (aren't they all geniuses?) (thanks, Ananke!) She has a collection of Star Wars stuff & sometimes does Star Wars trivia. So, if you're smart, GO THERE! Anyways, she also like Neopets, cats and Legos.
What I've described so far is very entertaining, but there's also a very serious side of Barb.
On her right sidebar she has a list of "Categories" which has a myriad of subjects: The Neighborhood, My kind of town, Chicago Living Tips, Bipolar Health/Fitness and a lot more. Barb is exceptionally knowledgeable, probably about everything, but when it comes to bipolar disorder, she's been a huge help to me. She speaks very candidly and that makes me at ease discussing things with her.
Now, on to the serious stuff. Barb & I have a bet on today's Fiesta Bowl; I picked Notre Dame, Barb chose Ohio State. Whoever's team wins gets to put a post on the other person's blog for 1 day, OR we can have the person write a post about OUR team. So far though, I have nothing written. (It's just as well, they lost & not in a pretty way) So, if anybody likes Notre Dame & wants to write a post for me because I KNOW they're going to WIN, please email me. :) :(
After all that I've said about Barb, I have to mention, she's also got a new blog design which I LOVE cuz it reminds me of chocolate! You will know what I mean when you see it. I hope you'll click on her blog up there on the right sidebar, if for no other reason, just to tell her Notre Dame is going to kick ASS!!!! as if!
Okay, well, if you The Fiesta Bowl, you know my team lost & Barb's won. But Barb said I didn't have to put a post of hers up here & I think at least something should go up. So, here is my something: Ohio State played one hell of a game. AJ Hawk kicked ASS! And he just so happens to be the fiance of Brady Quinn's sister. In case you don't know, Brady Quinn is the q.b. for Notre Dame. Hawk sacked him at least twice, if not more.
In all fairness, Ohio State went out there today to win a Bowl game. I don't know what the Irish were thinking...it didn't seem to be about football. They'll still be one of my favorite teams, some teams you just like no matter what. Congratulations to Barb & her Ohio State Buckeyes!!!
ps....speaking of kicking ass, 'Bama did just that today! Jil of Wild Abandon is the proud sister of Bama's #95 long snapper, who was involved in the miraculous field goal in the final 5 seconds to win the game! Jil isn't at home right now, but it'd be great for her to come home to a bunch of 'congratulations' comments on her blog. If you want, please stop by & give her a cheer!

(Now I'm going to study a website on grammar so I'll quit doing these damn run-on sentences!)

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,

posted by jane at 12:05 PM