Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Thursday, June 16, 2005

EARTHQUAKE 4.9 YUCAIPA

WHOAAAA
That was a pretty big shaker. Rolling, not jolting. Having lived in California my entire life, this was the 2nd biggest one I've ever felt. The last 1 I felt was a jolt though, not like this.
Having a cave above ours isn't the most secure feeling. Standing under a doorframe isn't exactly going to save us.
I called my mom & kids to make sure they're okay & all are okay. Animals are supposed to have a 6th instinct about earth movings. Funny thing is though, neither Cheeta nor my kids puppies had any inkling. BUT guess who did? The Silver Fox! Fast Eddie! Who is that? My mom's boyfriend! This is the 2nd time he's known & said, "Here it comes." My mom is now declaring him part dog! HA!
More on how the Silver Fox came about his 2 nicknames but let me tell you, its not just earthquakes that are rockin California. Senior citizens haven't yet heard they were supposed to stop rockin n rollin years ago!
Anyways, I've asked mom to have Fast Eddie put me on speed-dial for the next one. I'm still shook up & have found out it's about 30 miles or so from where I live. And I'm about 30 miles closer than newscasters in LA.
What a time for Tarzan to be gone. :(

UPDATE: I've been watching the 'current earthquake' screen @ kfwb.com & I cannot believe how many earthquakes there have been since 2pm today. More amazing are the maps you can bring up by clicking on various links. For each earthquake there is a 'map' link & you can see the entire area, size & how many e.q.s according to the legend provided.
I've known that california is constantly moving. But recently these somewhat significant quakes have captured my interest. Do I have an e.q. kit? NOPE! Wish I did? YEP!
Remembering when I was going to put together kits & give them as xmas gifts til a relative said it was a dumb idea. How I could kick her AND myself right now! Hopefully, the closeness of these quakes is coincidental only.
Wouldn't mind living on an island though. ;)

posted by jane at 2:09 PM