Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Favorite Christmas Memories

As a child, I remember hiding under the round living room table trying to catch a glimpse of Santa coming down the chimney. Unfortunately, I never did catch the guy, but I can vouch for this: Shortly after I'd finally lay down, without fail, I'd hear the jingle bells of Santa & his reindeer. I did look outside to see them, but I was never quick enough
There are a few favorite gifts I remember, 1 that I still have. One year I got A Thingmaker/ Creepy Crawlers. I also got Incredible Edibles. Even though the Incredible Edibles tasted horrible, they were fun to make.
When I was a few years older & we were having Christmas at our cabin in Big Bear, I asked for & got a doll that did absolutely nothing. She was the size of an infant & was beautiful. That same Christmas I got a little china tea set that had a musical teapot. I still have it to this day & will, hopefully, someday, have a granddaughter to pass it down to.
As an adult, my most memorable Christmas was in 2001 & it wasn't until Christmas night that I realized the gift. My son was driving me home & apologized for not getting me anything. It was then I realized what he had given me. He was alive! In 2000, he tried to commit suicide 4 times; he was hospitalized 3 times & was finally diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder. But this year, this particular Christmas, I told him, was the most precious gift I'd ever received.

Do you have any favorite Christmas memories?

Technorati tags: , , , , , , , ,

posted by jane at 3:05 PM