Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

I decline to state my party

I never knew I could decline to state my political party until I went to change my political party. Obviously, I'm not going to say what I was changing from. Nothing in my beliefs have changed. The only thing thats changed is I've smarted up! I don't want those damn phone calls from politicians or their cronies & I don't want people guesstimating what I'm going to vote.
I'd thought of going Independent, but O'Reilly is Independent & I don't like him. He's an Independent asshole. Then I'd thought of going Liberaterian, but I don't go to the library often, so that was a NO.
It was then I stumbled upon 'I decline to state my political party' and I just thought, oh this is way too cool! So, that is exactly what I checked. Since then, it's actually taken some getting used to, this being without a label. I feel as though I can take a more objective look now, being that I don't feel an allegiance to either party. (btw, why do we only have 2 major parties in America? aren't we supposed to be the most evolved nation? HA! go figure!)
Politicians & political parties sicken me. I find it so hypocritical that our politicians are over in the middle east telling other countries to involve women when its hardly been since 1920 that we've allowed women to vote. We've barely had women in politics PERIOD. We've never had a woman president! Should we REALLY be telling any other country how to treat THEIR women? I think not!
A few more facts:
In our constitution, a male slave's vote counted as 2/5 of a white man's vote
American Indians were allowed to vote in 1924
Blacks were allowed to vote* in 1965 (non-slaves & their votes counted as a whole)

posted by jane at 1:50 PM