Powered by Blogger

bipolar planet
Join | List | Previous | Next | Random | Previous 5 | Next 5 | Skip Previous | Skip Next
Powered by RingSurf

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Testical Festival

www.testyfesty.com


Once in a blue moon, an opportunity comes along to spread some good news. So it is with The 22nd Annual Testical Festival this September 15-19 in Clinton, Montana.
They're servin' Rocky Mountain Oysters & Bull Snort Brew up there darlin'!
Curious as I was, I called & spoke with the owner, Rod. He was rough around the edges, funny, friendly & very informative! Below are my questions & his answers.

1) How long have people been eating bull balls?
They've been eating 'em for over 100 years.

2) Are they served in pairs?
NO!(he laughs) EACH ball is the size of a cantaloupe or a volleyball! (he's still laughing!) They're served in 4 or 8 oz filets.

3) How are they prepared?
We quadruple dip 'em in a secret wet batter & then deep fry them. They're served with a ball bustin' hot sauce with jabanero. You can have them with fries, baked potato, eggs, anything you'd like. We're a full service restaurant.

4) What do they taste like?
Some people say they taste like chicken. But to me they taste like BALLS! (How does he knows what balls taste like? I didnt ask.)

5) How much do you serve at each Testical Festival?
Last year, we served over 5,400 pounds of testicals.

6) Do people eat them year round?
Yes. In this neck of the woods they're known as cowboy caviar & my lodge serves them year round.

As we concluded our conversation, I was kinda wishing I could go up to the Rock Creek Lodge, not to eat rocky mountain oysters, but just to visit. Rod is a very personable fellow. We said our goodbyes & I asked his permission to use mention their website, lodge & use their logo on my blog, he said, "Sure & mention that you spoke to the "Baron of Balls"." Then he snorted & our call ended. Well, folks, I spoke to the "Baron of Balls" at the Rock Creek Lodge & I feel quite honored. *snort*

Question: Would you eat bull balls? If yes, would you like some bull bustin sauce with jabanero on the side?

posted by jane at 12:47 PM